North Idaho Events and Activities
The Huckleberry Color Fun Run & Walk is a great way to start your day! Run or walk through the forest and get covered with color tossed by the forest urchins. This is a great, family event and is marked for 5K and 2.5K participants.
7:30am - 9:45am: Packet pick up at the tennis court
10am: The Color Fun Run Begins!
10:45am - 11:30am: Color tosses in the village
All Participants receive:
- Sunglasses (they will help keep powder out but are not safety glasses)
- A powder pack for the color toss
- A complimentary full day scenic ride ticket (good for August 6 only)
- A gourmet hotdog with huckleberry and veggie embellishments!
- And - tons of color fun as you complete your run/walk!
You have 2 options for participation.
The 5K Run/walk or 2.5K Run/Walk
Please keep in mind that we are in a mountain environment and the event takes place on uneven trails and has uphill and downhill sections. A small child can hike the 2.5K (our camp kids do it all summer!) but you will need an off-road stroller for the tiny tykes.
The Color Fun Run & Ride is part of our annual celebration of Huckleberries which includes a huckleberry BBQ, DJ music and if the season cooperates, lots of huckleberries for your picking pleasure. We will provide directions to our favorite picking spots and if the season cooperates, we will even take folks out